- It is usually best to meet your friend in a public place before scheduling the first boat ride.
- Boating Friends List LLC does not conduct criminal background checks on anyone.
- Be aware of someone who asks for money if you have never met in person
- Be aware if someone asks you to assist with depositing funds either by wire or credit card.
- Uses different names on the site.
- The person might ask an inappropriate question.
- Never share financial information such as credit card number or bank account number.
- Never give out your mother’s maiden name or social security number.
- Don’t incur large expenses in a boat operation such as fuel without an agreement as to how costs will be divided.
- Don’t share account password with anyone.
- Tell a friend or family member when and where you will be boating.
- Even though it has limited range, it is best to carry a cell phone when out on the water. Be sure to have emergency phone numbers too.
- It would be a great idea to carry a handheld VHF radio, handheld GPS, and, of course, a personal EPIRB.
Please register your name, then on Social page Tell others about your boating interests and last, if you have one,list your boat